• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Master Volume with Rexx

Started by Fr4nk, 2010.07.02, 16:36:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Fr4nk

I'm looking for a solution to set master volume with rexx to build a  very individual volume control deluxe utility. .

I already checked the "Master Volume Direct Set Utility" which could be used from command line (and this way by Rexx) but its has an highly annoying  fade effect. I need something as snappy as the standard system object. Best would be a Rexx DLL.with rwlated functionality

I checked "Mastervolume XPW Widget" aswell, but it doesn't work on my system.

Any hints?

TIA
Frank

rudi

Event though I hate REXX ;D

Call RXFUNCADD 'mciRxInit','MCIAPI','mciRxInit'
Call mciRxInit
Call mciRxSendString 'MASTERAUDIO VOLUME 50', 'mciResult', '0', '0'

Fr4nk

It works - thank you!

Do you have some secret documentation for MM-Rexx or where can I find these kind of information regularly?
Onboard MMRexx inf doesn't include "MASTERAUDIO " as a target for commands....

Is it possible to fetch the current mastervolume?

rudi

Do not look in the REXX docs. Search "Multimedia Programming Reference/String Commands/System Commands" (OS/2 Toolkit file MMREF2.INF). The command for retrieving the current value should be: 'MASTERAUDIO QUERY VOLUME'.

Fr4nk

With a "wait" it works. Thanks again.!

"Call mciRxSendString 'MASTERAUDIO QUERY VOLUME WAIT', 'mciResult', '0', '0'"

Fr4nk

Finally I buit a control to replace the old IBM master volume tool.

Its a standalone app using the native IBM slider control in vertical allign instead the circular slider.

It has features like floating on top, changing volume using cursor/pos keys, mute, docking on screen edges,  shows volume in window list and last but not least it takes less desktop place than the odd IBM control.. Someoneone out there to give it a try for a  early test? Especially I  would like to know how it works on screen resolution above 1240x1024 and/or wide screen-, because resizing the control might be a thing to be justified.

Just send me an email to get a test build:
info AT bluetoons DOT de