• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Assistance of installation of eCS 2.0rc1 on ProLiant 1850R

Started by maverickbna, 2007.07.01, 23:18:02

Previous topic - Next topic

maverickbna

I have a Compaq ProLiant 1850R - dual Pentium II/450s, 832MB RAM, and a 4.3GB SCSI disk. SCSI controller is a SYM8XX, fully detected by the installer. I have tried setting up a partition using JFS and HPFS, with and without Boot Manager, and every time, after it completes Phase 1 (without any errors to this point), when it restarts and try to boot into Phase 2, I get the following fatal error:

Scan used resources
Assign BUS numbers
Assign Memory and I/O resources
allocate_resource_and_setup_bridges Quality: in window
allocate_resource_and_setup_bridges Quality: in window
*Assigning I/O Addr=0000FFE0 Size=00000010 P=0038 R=0010
*Assigning np-Mem Addr=FFEA0000 Size=00000010 P=0038 R=0014
*Assigning np-Mem Addr=FFEB0000 Size=00010000 P=0038 R=0030
*Assigning np-Mem Addr=FFEC0000 Size=00020000 P=0040 R=0030
Done.
OS/2 is unable to operate your hard disk or diskette drive.
The system is stopped. Correct the preceding error and restart the system.

Any assistance in this matter would be *much* appreciated. The last time I tinkered with OS/2 was version 2.1, on a PS/2 Model 80.

Thanks in advance.

obiwan

You need to hunt around on the HP support website and get a copy of Compaq Smart Start 5.5. Burn the CD and boot to it to do a System Erase, and then boot to it again and chose the "Manual Configuration." (not Assisted). When it asks for OS, under IBM you will find IBM OS/2 Warp Server for e-business. It will set everything up, including a maintenance partition, and then you power off and install the eCS CD as normal.

Actually speaking of the system partition, if pressing F10 successfully boots to that you can use that instead of the Smart Start CD to select the OS in the System Configuration program. But I recommend the CD to be sure you're using the latest version of the configuration software, and to start with a clean slate.

Also before you do anything find the latest BIOS update (ROMPaq) on the HP site. It's dated Feb 2002, newer than the one on the CD. You'll need to dump the image to a floppy.

I would expect that to clear up the error you are seeing. Otherwise there might be some driver missing that needs to be manually installed.

Best of luck, and let me know how it goes.