Author Topic: eCS v2GA - Questions for getting faster disk access on HPFS and JFS...  (Read 2486 times)

NNYITGuy

• IT Consultant - eCS & W32 Solutions for Businesses
    • View Profile
Hi,

I have been testing eCS v2.0 on various platforms that all use the AMD processors.  I have realized that the disk throughput seems to be very slow compared to the nearly identical config with eCS v1.2MR. Any ideas?

TIA,
-Todd
Todd J Simpson (IT Consultant)
Business Automation Technologies
(Professional Products and Services.  Business to Business...)

EugeneGorbunoff

• View Profile
Check IRQ conflicts
Configuring ACPI driver for eComStation 2.0
http://ecomstation.ru/showarticle.php?id=233

DougB

• View Profile
Any ideas?

Which disk driver are you using? Generally, the Danis driver is far better, but it may have a problem with your system, for some reason. Check at HOBBES, there was a new release of the Dani driver, after eCS 2.0 was created. If that doesn't help, try the old IBM driver, although I would hesitate to try that on newer hardware.

NNYITGuy

• IT Consultant - eCS & W32 Solutions for Businesses
    • View Profile
When I try to use ACPI from the eCS ACPI config tool, upon reboot I get the system at an indefinite prompt of loading KBDBASE.SYS...

What to do, what to do?
Todd J Simpson (IT Consultant)
Business Automation Technologies
(Professional Products and Services.  Business to Business...)

CDRWSel

• View Profile

RobertM

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • A.I.BuiltPC - using OS/2 Warp Server & eComStation for Custom Web and Database Solutions
Any ideas?

Which disk driver are you using? Generally, the Danis driver is far better, but it may have a problem with your system, for some reason. Check at HOBBES, there was a new release of the Dani driver, after eCS 2.0 was created. If that doesn't help, try the old IBM driver, although I would hesitate to try that on newer hardware.

Correct... probably a waste of time for SATA systems. You may wish to try an older version of the Dani driver (ie: the version that came with eCS 1.2), but that may or may not cause issues with other things. IIRC, there were fixes and updates in the newer versions for ACPI.
|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

Pete

• View Profile
Hi Todd

Check the config.sys line starting "PSD="

Does it have the switch /APIC?

If "Yes" change it to /PIC

The ACPI Wizard is very keen to get all systems using the /APIC switch but sadly the ACPI driver is not up to the job in a lot of cases.

Out of interest: What mainboard chipsets are involved?

Regards

Pete