• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Apache & PHP Updates

Started by RobertM, 2011.01.31, 21:58:25

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

Hello all,

I'm currently testing two things for Apache and/or PHP...
(1) sqlite for Apache (on SMP)
(2) APC caching engine

Hopefully I will have good results and Paul will feel confident enough with them for a general release. If you happen to be running a forum (such as the one we run) and have high amounts of traffic, APC supposedly does wonders.

And of course, thanks to Paul Smedley for his tireless work on these ports (don't forget to hit the donate button and drop him a couple bucks if you use and appreciate his efforts)!!!

Best,
Rob

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

RobertM

Interesting note on AMPOS/2... as some of you may have guessed if you have followed the sig in my posts, we run a very active website and a very active forum (with the forum on AMPOS/2).

Anyway, the interesting note is that we'd been having MySQL MyISAM table corruption "under load" on the server (the server itself isn't really under load and is using very little resources, but it's at higher load than our smaller sites that this happens).

Here's the interesting thing, which may be relevant. There are two CPUs currently configured in the machine - the recommended thread concurrency value is 4 in such a setup (2 x #CPUs). I've since increased it to 8, and the table corruption issues seem to have disappeared.

Perhaps it's OS/2's threading engine and it's ability to take advantage of more threads that's helping with this issue (as opposed to hanging and mangling table operations on less threads).

|
|
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

Ben

Quote from: RobertM on 2011.02.04, 18:36:31
Interesting note on AMPOS/2... as some of you may have guessed if you have followed the sig in my posts, we run a very active website and a very active forum (with the forum on AMPOS/2)

Errr... surely, Robert, you do not mean This forum on the AMPOS/2 website. The last post there is dated in the year 2008.

Then, you mean the forum located in your signature URL at Star Trek New Voyages... That's an odd place to keep the new AMPOS/2 forum.  :D  I must say, I would never have looked to find it there had you not have mentioned it.

So, off I go to explore...
*dons his adventuring gear and grabs his most  favourite girl who has the bestest ass-et... a tea thermos!*   :o

RobertM

Quote from: Ben on 2011.02.04, 22:00:43
Quote from: RobertM on 2011.02.04, 18:36:31
Interesting note on AMPOS/2... as some of you may have guessed if you have followed the sig in my posts, we run a very active website and a very active forum (with the forum on AMPOS/2)

I mean AMP for OS/2. Namely Paul's latest builds. ;)

Quote from: Ben on 2011.02.04, 22:00:43
Errr... surely, Robert, you do not mean This forum on the AMPOS/2 website. The last post there is dated in the year 2008.

Then, you mean the forum located in your signature URL at Star Trek New Voyages... That's an odd place to keep the new AMPOS/2 forum.  :D  I must say, I would never have looked to find it there had you not have mentioned it.

So, off I go to explore...
*dons his adventuring gear and grabs his most  favourite girl who has the bestest ass-et... a tea thermos!*   :o

LoL! :D

|
|
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|