• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

OS/2 Voice website problem

Started by Blonde Guy, 2007.08.10, 17:19:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Blonde Guy

OS/2 Voice doesn't respond.
Neither does www.os2bbs.com.
Warpstock.org is out.
The last OS/2 Voice news item was from last Monday.

I have no idea what is going on.
Expert Consulting for OS/2 and eComStation

Sander

Quote from: Blonde Guy on 2007.08.10, 17:19:40
OS/2 Voice doesn't respond.
Neither does www.os2bbs.com.
Warpstock.org is out.
The last OS/2 Voice news item was from last Monday.

I have no idea what is going on.

Yes, they have indeed been down.  News posts that I have sent to VOICE since early Wednesday morning have come back with "Failure notice".  In a stroke of bad timing, OS/2 World has also failed to post news for a couple of days.  I think we have all come to rely on a couple of news services that as a rule, have been reliable sources for daily OS/2 news.  When they go silent like this, it's no fun being a news junkie.

kim

Well, since we don't receive any postings there is nothing to post. Guess that most people make use of OS2 Voice site to post news; but the server that distribute news is located at Mensys, so news should be able to flow if people post via another site.

Sander

Quote from: kimhav on 2007.08.11, 23:24:25
Well, since we don't receive any postings there is nothing to post. Guess that most people make use of OS2 Voice site to post news; but the server that distribute news is located at Mensys, so news should be able to flow if people post via another site.

Kim, I sent you not one, but two posts this week.  Neither appeared on OS/2 World.  I ALWAYS send you mail at the same time I send it to VOICE, and OS/2 News & Rumors.  Early Wednesday morning I sent you my post for the release of Thunderbird 2.0.0.6.  That was sent at exactly the same time that I sent the post to VOICE, and OS/2 News & Rumors.  Only the mail to VOICE bounced.  Steve responded to my mail, but unfortunately only puts news up once a week.  I sent you a second post on Thursday morning.  That post did not bounce either.  I ended up posting the news on Usenet's Comp.os.os2.apps, and Mozilla's OS/2 news group. 

Regards,
Sander 

Sander

Kim, I just sent mail to you (the TB 2.0.0.6 announcement) using your address, as always.  Maybe the third time is the charm.  Let's see what happens. 

kim

Okey, that kind of explain it, your sending directly to my e-mail; please use press at os2world dot com instead and this will forward your news to me, Martin, Thomas and Björn.

Forgot to ask; but has anyone heard anything why OS2 Voice is down; crashed server or just that someone got tired of it?!

Sander

I honestly can't remember why I switched to mailing you directly, but I have been doing it that way for a very long time.  I will make that change for future posts. 

As far as VOICE goes, that's a pretty cynical/negative way to phrase the question.  Especially coming from someone that has had his share of server problems. 

Bits & pieces of related sites that were down seem to be coming up one at at a time, so yes, it appears to be server related. 

kim

Ok, that came out wrong and that wasn't what I meant to say; but there has been no info at all and I think that's strange. And about having the fair share of problem; I've spent the entire weekend fighting with my T60; not that I lost any data or so; but the latest version of Lenovo client security software gave me a fair share of problem and while on to it  I thought that this gave me the possibility to re-install a scratch installation of Windows XP... hrm and this was interesting since there was a few steps to be followed to install a Win XP SP2... No SATA support; issue with Intel chipset and Core Duo... Oh man... this weekend has been fun....

Blonde Guy

Quote from: kimhav on 2007.08.12, 14:09:33

Forgot to ask; but has anyone heard anything why OS2 Voice is down; crashed server or just that someone got tired of it?!

Their server has crashed. Some services have been restored. Still waiting for others.
Expert Consulting for OS/2 and eComStation