• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

How to write .cue file?

Started by WarpWorld, 2011.08.12, 11:39:56

Previous topic - Next topic

WarpWorld

Hi people
I downloaded older open source system and in rar archive I found two files- bootable floppy image.img and base of system as .iso file named iso.iso .Floppy is today out and I have troubles with my floppy device and want to write cue file with I can burn that images on one CD and boot and install from CD. How to do that. Images names are: image.img and iso.iso
Thanks

ivan

For a start it isn't as easy as just writing a file if you want the CD to be bootable.

The first thing you need to do is get CDBOOT/2 v2.00 from hobbes and read the documentation, it tells you how to setup a bootable cd.

You may be able to use the .img file without modification but you will need to unpack the iso, so more searching on hobbes for ISOFS and MKISOFS (included with CDRECORD).

That should get you started.

ivan

edit: ISOFS isn't on hobbes but it is here http://home.clara.net/orac/os2.htm#isofs

melf

Maybe DVD-toys can be of help to ease the process? It has options for creating bootimages and several convert options.
/Mikael

WarpWorld

Thanks people, but I found short manual for that. I don't know rules how to make other cue of bootable and installable cds. Tools which you proposed are for converting between different image formats. For now I am using linux and wasn't able to use tools which proposed you ivan.

ivan

WarpWorld, 

Get the CDBOOT2 zip if only for the document on how to make a bootable CD -  most of what is in there applies to linux as well.

MKISOFS and CDRECORD are linux tools available in most distributions even if they do have a GUI front end.  The only problem you might have is unpacking the ISO to add it to the set of files you need to burn.

ivan