• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Odin 0.8.2

Started by CDRWSel, 2012.01.25, 01:03:35

Previous topic - Next topic

CDRWSel

Hi!

I had Odin 0.7.1 and my windows appl worked well (e.g. wordpad)
I installed Odin 0.8.2 and know, some applications works but many other fail with Memory allocation error ...
Strange, also memory allocation error with latest clamav ! (It looks like some used libraries have a problem in it)

Now, backward to Odin 0.7.1 and these applications are working again nicely.

Any idea?
Thanks
Cheers

Note: corrected 0.8.1 to 0.8.2 which is the correct build I used.

sXwamp

Yes, many problems with Odin 0.8.1 - 0.8.2 is the latest version.

He released a new version and works great for me:

0.8.2 (2011-12-30)
2   ------------------
3       - Happy New Year everyone!
4       - Make PEC.EXE keep the console window attached (0.8.1 regression).
5       - Fix hang when loading KERNEL32.DLL from high-mem enabled applications
6         such as Firefox (0.8.1 regression).
7       - Fix crash when doing drag & drop in Odin applications (0.8.1 regression).
8       - winmm: Disable forceful termination of timer threads (this fixes frequent
9         hangs and crashes when playing Adobe Flash content in Firefox).
10       - winmm: Lower thread priority when calling timer functions.

abwillis

The next release will have the Memory allocation errors fixed... now that GCC is being used to build Odin there was a problem where libc was using memory that was needed for the Windows application (ticket #54) which as been resolved... in fact it should now be better than when using VAC.
There is another heap problem (ticket #58) that will hopefully be fixed soon now that the cause has been determined.
By using GCC there is better SMP support such that Flash works with SMP now so the next release should be a step forward in all ways for Odin.

CDRWSel

Hi!

I apology, the result about memory allocation is with Odin 0.8.2 and not 0.8.1 (I checked it again)

I could see that a commun libraries between Clamav are KLIC 0.6.4 and gcc446
Gcc446 exist with two different size (the one from gcc wpi package and the second as zip package)

Trying both gcc446.dll didn't correct the error. Could I suppose something is wrong into KLIC 0.6.4?
According my ClamAV 0.97.2 post, it is a "could not allocate memory" fmpa() error which looks very similar to this kind of error and both use same libs!    

Thanks.
Cheers

diver

those 2 problems you encounter have nothing in common. the odin memory problem is, like Andy already stated, fixed with latest svn code. expect a new odin within some days.

regards
Silvan

CDRWSel

Thanks andy and Sylvan.

I'll wait next build  ;)

cheers/2