• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Failed to load Flash Win32 Plugin error with flash beta.

Started by os2monkey, 2012.03.12, 04:47:31

Previous topic - Next topic

os2monkey

Hey,
I've installed the flash 11 beta - and it works fine sometimes, but i've noticed that sometimes when I go to a flash site (such as youtube) it's popping up this error:

Flash Plugin!
Failed to load Flash Win32 Plugin.

When the error pops up if I shut down the browser and restart, and go back to the same site, usually it then works fine.
I was using Firefox V8 for the test.

So I was just curious if anyone else has experienced this, ie is it to be expected at this point, or something strange with my particular setup.

Thanks

aschn

Quote from: os2monkey on 2012.03.12, 04:47:31

No, the recent Flash 11 fails here silently on much too many sites. I've never seen that
msg. IMO you should start with checking your ODIN setup. After I switched over to
RPM/YUM, the DLL problems I had before with ODIN and other GCC apps were all gone.
Install was quite easy, except the update from a prior YUM version: It didn't work
automatically, I had to uninstall it and then install the newest YUM. From then on
everything worked. It was some weeks (about 10) ago.

Andreas

os2monkey

Quote from: aschn on 2012.03.12, 21:11:24
Quote from: os2monkey on 2012.03.12, 04:47:31
After I switched over to RPM/YUM, the DLL problems I had before with ODIN and other GCC apps were all gone.
Install was quite easy, except the update from a prior YUM version: It didn't work
automatically, I had to uninstall it and then install the newest YUM. From then on
everything worked. It was some weeks (about 10) ago.

Andreas
I had installed the .wpi version of odin 0.8.3.
I have used yum on linux prior so I have some experience with it - but I thought warpin was the preferred package management system for ecomstation?

I've been playing with it some more - and the interesting thing is that I don't seem to get the popup error on firefox v4 that was installed with the OS - but I get it just about every other time I open the browser if I go to a flash site with firefox 8 or 9. I didn't install firefox under the default "programs" path that the other firefox edition was installed in, so I did wonder if for some reason that might be an issue.

I also keep a backup image of my install, and I restored it, and reinstalled the flash module and browsers and had the same issue again.
So it's pretty strange.

diver

use latest beta2 of the flash plugin. it fixes a problem when LIBPATHSTRICT is not used.

Pete

Hi

I'm using beta2 and always see this problem when trying to access http://www.symmetry-systems.co.uk/

Usually the browser, Seamonkey 2.6, hangs and has to be "killed".

Regards

Pete

ehtron

Hi/2
Try to set the Browser Plugin directory also into the Libpath in your Config.sys. Seems to help here.... eg. C:\FIREFOX;C:\FIREFOX\PLUGINS;

Pete

Hi ehtron

Well, thanks for the tip as the http://www.symmetry-systems.co.uk/ website now loads without problems.

I'll have to revisit other websites using Flash that have failed to work properly so far - no Flash playback - and see if it makes a difference to those.

Regards

Pete