• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

eCS 2.0 RC3

Started by Saijin_Naib, 2007.11.02, 20:41:48

Previous topic - Next topic

melf

I don't think that have worked on any release. I think its just not installed. I install it afterwords and all is working. Install via multimediainstall. File is namned mmaudio-ecs.zip . Gregory Shaw who wrote an article on audiocdcreator has this link http://myweb.cableone.net/greggoryshaw/files/MMAudio_eCS.zip .
/Mikael

Saijin_Naib

Thanks for the heads up on that one.
I tried the MMAudio pack and that worked for Mp3, OGG, and FLAC. However, I still am having class registration issues with WPS wizard .6.3 that I cant figure out. Hey, atleast my WPS plays music now though :)

DavidG

Quote from: Saijin_Naib on 2007.11.10, 00:42:06
Thanks for the heads up on that one.
I tried the MMAudio pack and that worked for Mp3, OGG, and FLAC. However, I still am having class registration issues with WPS wizard .6.3 that I cant figure out. Hey, atleast my WPS plays music now though :)

The install in 6.3 is broken.  One needs to install 6.2 first and then install the 6.3 files manually over the 6.2 files, at least that is what I have been told.  One will probably need to unlock the files to replace.

I understand 6.4 will be out soon which fixes the installation problem.

Saijin_Naib

Ahhh  8)
That would explain much then!

I will most likely wait until the .6.4 release to install. Have you any word on what features it will include, if any, over the .6.3 release?

DavidG

I don't know what additional features if any 6.4 will have other than fix the install problem.  I was told that 6.3 was broken from someone who attended Chris's presentation at Warstock.

The Blue Warper

Just to let you know that WPS Wizard 0.6.0b4 is out!
As from the docs, this was canged:

V0.6.0b4 (17.11.07)
-Removed error beep when painting of shadows failed
-Reworked install script. On some systems class registration failed.

So I think you might be try installing it again.
Go to Netlabs Incoming dir and have fun!

And thanks to Chris Wohlgemuth for his great work!

[Update: I've just noticed that this new version is also referenced in the OS/2 News and Rumours page by Steve Wendt (http://www.os2bbs.com/os2news/).  Sorry for sort of duplicating the news, but I was unaware of it when I posted my message...]

RobertM

Thanks TBW! And for those of you who dont know where to find it, its at ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/incoming/

And thank you Chris W!!!  :D

-Robert

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

El Vato

Quote from: The Blue Warper on 2007.11.19, 11:58:52
Just to let you know that WPS Wizard 0.6.0b4 is out![...]

Having installed the prior version of WPS Wizard some years ago (because the Gadgets "looked cool"), I was forced to remove it because of random locks to my OS/2 WSEB interface.  Notwithstanding, like you Blue Warper, I believe that Chris Wohlgemuth's work deserves consideration and I installed the beta 4 that you referenced above (of course after I archived a good back up of my desktop).

My impressions ???  During the limited testing that I have done, the beta 4 seems to have an affinity for hanging my OS/2 desktop during the subsequent drives object manipulation --that is, not on the first instance of use of the drive(s) object. 

I will continue to test it, notwithstanding. Heeding your advice, at Netlabs incoming directory I even found some "Warm" and "Blue" themes. And yes, I could not resist installing the "Blue" theme subsequently followed by the "Warm" theme onto my approximately 6 year old installation of OS/2 WSEB WorkPlace Shell (thanks for the clarification you made on certain prior post).  Here is a snapshot of the outcome: cat >> WPSwizard <<EOF

Paraphrasing Nietzsche, "As a man's life approaches the summit, the cold increases, responsibility increases."

I hope that Chris gets around to fixing the hanging issue described.  I am beginning to feel "thawed" by the  "Warm" theme enabled by WPSwizard  :)

Saijin_Naib

Im excited to return to school and my desktop. I will have a new release of Panorama that doesnt trap when going to full-screen DOS sessions, a fresh reformat/install on JFS (was trying HPFS to see what was faster for my usage), and a new release of WPS-wizard. I am quite excited overall :)

Saijin_Naib

JFS FLIES for me. Wow, what an amazing difference in performance. Opening applications is noticeably much quicker, no concrete numbers yet however.