• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Create New Program Object to Run Old Dos *.bat File

Started by John, 2007.11.23, 12:37:09

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Hi All,

I require some help creating a new program object to run an old Dos *.bat file. I've created the object from New Program template and set the path etc, but problem is when I click the object to run the program, Dos vdm starts and runs the *.bat file then when complete promptly closes. I'd like for the Dos vdm to remain open to select options etc from the file. The file in question is part of an old Dos Accounting package : PAD Accounting Release 1! Yes, still run it... works for our purposes as it's easy to edit customer profiles etc and keyboard shortcuts work like a charm. What's more is the fact that its so small considering that it was made to run on old XT hardware :-)

It's no train smash, but thought it easier and faster to set up a program object to launch this particular program from the desktop vs opening a separate Dos vdm and typing in the name of the file to launch it.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards,

John.

Radek

It depends what you want exactly. If you don't want the session closed on completion of the .bat file then there is the "close window on exit" setting. You can also add 'command' at the end of the batch file. You can insert 'pause' statements in the batch file. If you are using 4DOS then you can make the batch file the startup file.

Criguada

Hi John,
there is something going wrong here: if the program is correctly started, the window should stay open. Since the window closes, it means the program has finished (abnormally?).
To see what's going on, open the properties of the program object and deselect "close window on exit". This way the window will stay open even if the program exits, and you can see the error codes or whatever.

Bye
Cris