• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

A lot of apps for Warp 3 and Warp 4 can be uploaded, but where?

Started by skitsanos, 2007.12.28, 14:24:43

Previous topic - Next topic

skitsanos

Guys,

i have couple of CD's i collected with software for OS/2 Warp 3 and 4, i was rolling OS/2 projects since 1996, but had to drop it after IBM did this stupid move - to give up on OS/2. So i was collecting anything i can find arround the world that can on OS/2, i could upload it somewhere, there tons of applications for different purposes. Generally speaking if anyone have 5-7 gigs space to share where i can upload stuff, let me know.

Cheers,
Evi.

BigWarpGuy

Francesk_os2

Just send me a mail to francesk_os2,at,yahoo, es
i can upload them to my AZUREUS SERVER , online 24H a day.

melf

Aren't there legal issues or is this "abandonware"?
/Mikael

kim

Quote from: skitsanos on 2007.12.28, 14:24:43i have couple of CD's i collected with software for OS/2 Warp 3 and 4, i was rolling OS/2 projects since 1996, but had to drop it after IBM did this stupid move - to give up on OS/2. So i was collecting anything i can find arround the world that can on OS/2, i could upload it somewhere, there tons of applications for different purposes. Generally speaking if anyone have 5-7 gigs space to share where i can upload stuff, let me know.

Highly interested since it would be great to sort through that archive of files; if you haven't received any account to upload it yet; let me know and I'll set up an ftp account for you to upload to. Hobbes as suggested would be the best place to upload to; but that would need quite a bit of work to document every single software package before uploading it. Guess that we should be able to gather a group of people that would be willing to go through the files and sort them.

skitsanos

Quote from: melf on 2007.12.28, 23:38:23
Aren't there legal issues or is this "abandonware"?

could be, i;m not saying it can't have some "issues", but guys, evryone knows emule and torrents... you can grab things even this way too, so no questions will be asked...

let's bring some legal adviser here before screwing it... once again, it very depends on legislation from country to country, intellectual property export policy and etc...