Kon is a text editor suitable for most editing tasks, including programming, but is not intended to be a complete IDE. Instead, the focus is to be a fast and easily available editor to be used for most tasks where viewing or editing a text file (or in some cases a binary file) is involved. See of it as a super-charged replacement for notepad.
Kon is designed to be intuitive and easy to use but still has a great number of useful features such as:
- Easy to configure syntax highlighting
- Syntax highlighting can be defined using regular expressions
- Code sections can be defined using regular expressions for fast navigation.
- Built-in C-like programming language (K) which can easily be used to extend the editor with new features, modify or extend menus, give different behaviour etc.
- Search and replace over multiple files, also recursive search/replace on disk
- Regular expressions in search and replace (with grouping of sub-expressions)
- Hex-editor which can be invoked on any file at any time
- Advanced macro recording/playback while still very quick and easy to use for repetetive tasks. Recorded macros results in K-code which can be edited
- Can add column separators with description for use with fixed-width data text files
- Configurable key-bindings for any sequence of commands
- Column selection copy and paste
- Word wrap
- Prints 2-up, page headers and footers, hex-printing, odd or even pages
Kon is open source software under the LGPL license.
- Reg code: os2world.com. / i1f7-C4A8-i3f0-V1r8-C0A3