Author Topic: ArcaOS - Panorama - Not turning off monitor - DPMS - Doodle SS  (Read 3536 times)

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
ArcaOS - Panorama - Not turning off monitor - DPMS - Doodle SS
« on: September 22, 2023, 06:54:57 pm »
Hello

I have ArcaOS 5.1.0 with UEFI mode and installed it with Panorama, on a "Lenovo Miix 510-12ISK".

I'm not able to enable DPMS on Doodle Screen saver to automatically shut down the monitor. All the options are grey without the possibility to enable it. It was the first time I installed ArcaOS (or any OS/2) on this machine, so I have no reference to know if it ever worked.

Is it something I may be missing, because I remember that Panorama was able to work with Dooble Screen Saver to shut down the monitor, if I don't recall correctly.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
Re: ArcaOS - Panorama - Not turning off monitor - DPMS - Doodle SS
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2023, 06:59:09 pm »
Known problem. It is supposed to get fixed, eventually.

Roderick Klein

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2023, 11:41:45 pm »
Hello

I have ArcaOS 5.1.0 with UEFI mode and installed it with Panorama, on a "Lenovo Miix 510-12ISK".

I'm not able to enable DPMS on Doodle Screen saver to automatically shut down the monitor. All the options are grey without the possibility to enable it. It was the first time I installed ArcaOS (or any OS/2) on this machine, so I have no reference to know if it ever worked.

Is it something I may be missing, because I remember that Panorama was able to work with Dooble Screen Saver to shut down the monitor, if I don't recall correctly.

Regards

I am not certain DPMS will work when booted in UEFI mode.  I seem to understand the DPMS call can only be done via the VESA BIOS. And the VESA BIOS is not present when UEFI mode is used.

Roderick

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2023, 02:19:47 am »
DPMS is not supported with an UEFI boot on any system. Need to know where the vsync and hsync registers are located.
While on the subject, XFree86 also is unsupported and simply doesn't work with the VESA driver failing with
Code: [Select]
(EE) VESA(0): V_BIOS address 0x98000 out of range
Same error with the VGA driver.