• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Non-Computer topic

Started by turtle_moon, 2009.06.04, 04:16:01

Previous topic - Next topic

turtle_moon

i thought this was supposed to be a section for topics not related to computers...
what happened to that? o.O
let us talk about somthing else s'il vous plait lol

as you can tell, i'm a newbie looking for general topics.
something other than computers, even though computers and all technology amazes me =]

change topic? :D
turtle_moon

(\__/) (\_(\
(='.'=) (=' :')
(")_(") (, (')( ')

Scorpio <3s Aries

=^_^= <3 \w/^-^\w/

cyber

Hmmm... smartphones ? ;)

BigWarpGuy

I read that the Palm Pre got mixed reviews. Some say it is an iPhone killer and others say it is a very good smart phone. What do you think?  http://www.palm.com/us/products/phones/pre/index.html

It is 'off topic'.  8)

turtle_moon

haha i guess this works xD

anyway, wow. that's a really good phone. it somehow does seem like an iPhone killer, but hey who isn't taking ideas off others and claiming them as their own? with modifications of course, but i guess that's just how people are these days now. it does look pretty cool though. it has a more sleek design in my opinion.
turtle_moon

(\__/) (\_(\
(")_(") (, (')( ')

Scorpio <3s Aries

=^_^= <3 \w/^-^\w/

cyberspittle

Would be nice to have a forum for OS/2 and eComStation users to have their own club house to talk about whatever suits your fancy. The "eComStation Lounge", "OS/2 Coffee room", ???

cyber

About Palm Pre and iPhone, reviews are just crap, it is only valuable if You can Use such devices for a while, I was think that iPhone is boring until I used it (I'm SE M600i UIQ3 OS user), and after I actualy use it for a couple of hours I change my opinion. It is made for fun and multimedia and wireless and for this is really god. For other uses (camera, pocket office) simply, try something else. :)

kim

Quote from: James on 2009.06.05, 04:29:58
Would be nice to have a forum for OS/2 and eComStation users to have their own club house to talk about whatever suits your fancy. The "eComStation Lounge", "OS/2 Coffee room", ???

We actually have the General Discussion board that is used for more general discussions about what ever doesn't really works out in the other boards.

turtle_moon

Quote from: kimhav on 2009.06.05, 09:10:10
Quote from: James on 2009.06.05, 04:29:58

We actually have the General Discussion board that is used for more general discussions about what ever doesn't really works out in the other boards.

yeah, but have you noticed that what most people have been talking about here is also computer/technology stuff?
it really falls under a new board category or something. or under the same as others. i see what James means, unless i'm misunderstanding. =/
turtle_moon

(\__/) (\_(\
(")_(") (, (')( ')

Scorpio <3s Aries

=^_^= <3 \w/^-^\w/

warpcafe

Hi turtle_moon,

the thing is... this is "OS/2World.com".
So by definition, people around here are talking about OS/2 and eComStation. OK.

Now if we talk about "off-topic" things, this seems to mean "not OS/2-related"... for us and thus 85% of it is still related to computers since most of us are excited about these little gimmicks anyway. ;).

FWIW: I once had a short discussion with Kim regarding garden ponds - so that is 100% off-topic guaranteed! Since you are looking for such topics, why not simply start something? This is the right place.
If you want to talk about something not related to computers... well, what about:'
Gardening / Pets/ Bikes and cars / Music / Kids / Furniture / Toys / TV and movies... there's a whole lot of topics that come to mind here, but:
Bbe aware of the fact that most of our users come here to satisfy their "warped" alter-egos and have most likely already have different places on the net to chat about other topics, so take into consideration that you perhaps won't get as much responses as expected here.

However: Go on! :)

Cheers,
Thomas
"It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority.
By definition, there are already enough people to do that"
- G.H. Hardy

cyber

You have right, people here are mostly geeks. :)

Any way... anyone come to Exit09 (http://www.exitfest.org/) ?

BigWarpGuy

I bought a Palm Centro. It was on sale from Palm. I really like. It is a cross between a pda and a phone. I was able to get it unlocked and insert my 3g sim card into it. Eventually I might upgrade to a Pre.  8) I like the way the Pre keyboard slides out.  8)

warpcafe

Hey BWG,

...you are really a GEEK! :)
On a side-note... have you had a chance to compare either Palm device to an iPhone?
I would like to see how people think about the Pre especially when comparing it to Apple's phone since I'm thinking about having a closer look on the Pre...

Cheers,
Thomas
- G.H. Hardy

warpcafe

Hi cyber,

Quote from: cyber on 2009.06.09, 14:51:13
You have right, people here are mostly geeks. :)
Any way... anyone come to Exit09 (http://www.exitfest.org/) ?

Hey, I never heard of that before!!
And the list of bands/artists is impressive... too bad I cannot spend the time.

Cheers,
Thomas
- G.H. Hardy

Saijin_Naib

I've always loved PalmOS but I passed on the Centro. The keys were far too tiny for my hands and it was more PDA than phone. I'd like it to be phone up-front, ready to dial and then with all the PDA stuff in the menus, much like the Samsung Eternity.

The Pre looks fantastic, but I must wait until it is available for GSM providers.

cyber

Quote from: warpcafe on 2009.06.09, 22:23:16
Hey, I never heard of that before!!
And the list of bands/artists is impressive... too bad I cannot spend the time.

Well, it is in my home city, and list of artist isn't yet finished... just mentioned 100% sure. Bigest bands/artists still in negotiating. :)  Anyway, this is first year that Exit will be partly available trough YouTube, so if Mensys finish beta version of flash plugin soon, You can peep. ;)
And I'm surprised that You never heard about Exit until now... It was become biggest music festival in Europe in few last years. Two dozen of stages, bunch of music styles and 200K+ peoples around.