• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Flash Plugin Wrapper for eComStation Beta 1 available

Started by CDRWSel, 2012.02.18, 09:48:15

Previous topic - Next topic

CDRWSel

Quote from: abwillis on 2012.02.21, 01:59:19
Quote from: CDRWSel on 2012.02.20, 19:02:43
I installed all pre-requisits (odin 0.8.3 etc...)

How to use mpunsafe ? I do not know it
I mixed the executable name and the operation:
[d:\]e:\OS2TK45\bin\markexe.exe /?
Operating System/2 Executable File Attribute Utility
Version 4.00.004 Oct  4 2001Usage: MARKEXE [/?] [/Q] [FORCE] [NO] [option] filename...
Valid options are:
       <SNIP>
        MPUNSAFE        - multi-processor unsafe application

e.g.:
markexe mpunsafe firefox.exe
I have a copy of markexe from the OS2 Toolkit... I think it is available else-wise but not sure off the top of my head.

I found it on ecs 2.0 CD2.
I'll give it a try.

miturbide

I just read this on OSNews.

As discussed in the just released Adobe roadmap for the Flash runtimes, Adobe has been working closely with Google to develop a single modern API for hosting plugins within the browser (one which could replace the current Netscape plugin API being used by the Flash Player). The PPAPI, code-named "Pepper" aims to provide a layer between the plugin and browser that abstracts away differences between browser and operating system implementations.

Because of this work, Adobe has been able to partner with Google in providing a "Pepper" implementation of Flash Player for all x86/64 platforms supported by the Google Chrome browser. Google will begin distributing this new Pepper-based Flash Player as part of Chrome on all platforms, including Linux, later this year.

For Flash Player releases after 11.2, the Flash Player browser plugin for Linux will only be available via the "Pepper" API as part of the Google Chrome browser distribution and will no longer be available as a direct download from Adobe. Adobe will continue to provide security updates to non-Pepper distributions of Flash Player 11.2 on Linux for five years from its release.

Flash Player will continue to support browsers using non-"Pepper" plugin APIs on platforms other than Linux.

We will be providing a debug player implementation of the Flash Player browser plugin on Linux, and will update the whitepaper once we have more details on how it will be distributed.

Link:
http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2012/02/adobe-and-google-partnering-for-flash-player-on-linux.html
Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Open Source Advocate

Skype - martiniturbide
Google Talk - martiniturbide@gmail.com

Pete

Hi All

Finally got around to installing Flash11 here.

I have to agree with Andy that SMP problems seem to be fixed as over the course of several hours of playing "rock" videos on youtube I have not experienced any problems. I seem to recall the record here for playback using Flash10 before a total system hang requiring a reboot was around 2 mins.

Well done to all involved in getting Flash11 working.

@ Remy:

What build of ACPI are you using?

What mainboard chipset is involved?

What kernel version are you using?

Regards

Pete

miturbide

I need to do more testing on the apps... What apps are you testing with Flash on eCS?
Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Open Source Advocate

Skype - martiniturbide
Google Talk - martiniturbide@gmail.com

CDRWSel

Quote from: Pete on 2012.02.27, 02:44:02

@ Remy:

What build of ACPI are you using?

What mainboard chipset is involved?

What kernel version are you using?

Regards

Pete

SMP problem is fixed ! (it never works and didn't work on my system yet - the new libc064 (test) improved things a litle like I wrote it making the video play from a few seconds to near 2 minutes but it always hung making my network connection unresponsive (reboot isn't always enough and a full power off/on is mostly required to get my network working again after flash breaks the network connection)

Problem is with eCS 1.2 up to eCS 2.1 (with CD provided acpi) - mainboard is ok and never got any problem under windows session
Mainboard ASUS A8N-SLI Premium BIOS version 1303
http://fr.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_Socket_939/A8NSLI_Premium/#specifications
Installed Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4400+
nForce4 built-in Gigabit/ MAC with external Marvell PHY MARVELL PCI Gbit LAN controller
(Yukon 88E8001...)

Loaded NVIDIA MAC DRIVER 0.1.2 NVETH$

I'm unable to use eCS under acceptable condition under my newest ASUS mainboard chipset 1136 with i7 950 due to video isn't acceptable (no 16/10 support under panorama with the nvidia 9600gt pci-x video card) and missing video acceleration/dive.

Cheers/2

melf

A general warning:
I have noticed that the different *.wpi- packages with libc and gcc dlls not always exchange the dll:s. So, in spite of running these packages, my old dll:s were still left. (No unlock dialogue was displayed)

I don't know why, but I guess that the *.wpi-packages don't look att the files that really exists in a directory, but rather at what it has in its database. So if I, in some moment I have made manual exchanges of dll's (trying older ones without first de-installing with *.wpi) Warpin thinks that the new ones are still there and take no action.

This is maybee obvious but when trying out different versions of dll's it is easy to forget about the need to use warpin for both install and deinstall or thouroughly check which files you really have.
/Mikael

CDRWSel

This is why it is important to check date and size of existing dlls and new ones which sould be installed
- on my system, dlls are those from new packages.

Pete

Hi Remy

Looks like your Flash11 problem may be related to the version of ACPI in use - most builds before 3.19.10 are useless on my Asus M2N mainboard using nForce430 chipset. If you have Software Subscription login at Mensys and download the current ACPI package (3.19.15) and see if that helps.

With regard to network problems when using Flash11: maybe you should try a later version of the NVETH driver - 0.1.7 is on the eCS2.1 CD and may make a difference.

As regards video on your newest Asus mainboard: Have you tried SNAP? Obviously it will need to be setup to run in VESA mode (same mode as Panorama) but you should be able to add required resolution using the SNAP utility gamode. exe

Regards

Pete

CDRWSel

Quote from: Pete on 2012.02.27, 19:12:03
Hi Remy

Looks like your Flash11 problem may be related to the version of ACPI in use - most builds before 3.19.10 are useless on my Asus M2N mainboard using nForce430 chipset. If you have Software Subscription login at Mensys and download the current ACPI package (3.19.15) and see if that helps.

With regard to network problems when using Flash11: maybe you should try a later version of the NVETH driver - 0.1.7 is on the eCS2.1 CD and may make a difference.

As regards video on your newest Asus mainboard: Have you tried SNAP? Obviously it will need to be setup to run in VESA mode (same mode as Panorama) but you should be able to add required resolution using the SNAP utility gamode. exe

Regards

Pete

Ok, will give a try to latest ACPI (but this is my all day system..)
I tried SNAP but it never worked on the over system with the 9600gt card but I do not know how to set it up in VESA mode (and it hung the system at start up)

I check CD2, no drivers...
It looks like CD1 has some drivers but which one is the correct one ?
I found genmac but the WPI contain uses path which do not exist yet and I must not destroy my working all day system...
Any idea about how to get the few needed files to be replaced ? 

Cheers/2

CDRWSel

With latest NVETH, it is worst ... Video playes 10 seconds and network is down

Pete

Hi Remy

Quote from: CDRWSel on 2012.02.27, 23:48:00
With latest NVETH, it is worst ... Video playes 10 seconds and network is down

I only suggested the update as 0.1.7 is working fine here...

I do wonder if the new tcpip32.dll included with the latest ACPI will make any difference to this problem.

As regards trying the latest ACPI it is in a Warpin package so should be easy to Uninstall if necessary. I do recommend making a backup of your existing system before installing though so that if the new ACPI does not work you can reinstate the working ACPI files from the backup.

If you do install this ACPI and bootup fails then you would need to boot to a command line (press ALT-F1 keys as boot starts then F2 at the menu) and use the command

tedit config.sys

to put a REM in front of the PSD=ACPI.PSD line.

Then you should be able to reboot to a working Desktop but only 1 cpu will be active.

To force SNAP to use VESA mode you need to run the command

gaoption vbe on

in the SNAP directory once SNAP is installed.

Regards

Pete

CDRWSel

The tcpip32.dll fix was tested too (same problem)
I'll check how to test new ACPI securely and make a backup of current files.

About SNAP, to be able to set VESA, you should be able to have an os2 command line (but it hung at start up)

CDRWSel

Did one of you try the flash on the well known french speedtest link .
http://www.speedtest.net/

diver

Quote from: CDRWSel on 2012.03.01, 20:48:16
Did one of you try the flash on the well known french speedtest link .
http://www.speedtest.net/

what should happen there? the page loads and the flash seems to run. even a couple of them are running.
but the speedtest itself does nothing.