• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

QT 4.x framework Port

Started by miturbide, 2008.01.07, 23:58:55

Previous topic - Next topic

diver

Quote from: miturbide on 2009.10.13, 05:03:32

Have anybody tried QT Creator for Windows ?
It is portable to eCS-OS2 ?

In the botton of this page there are the links to the source code:
http://qt.nokia.com/downloads/downloads#lgpl

From that package I had tried QT Lingustic for Windows, it is a tool to help you translate some tools. I use it to help translating iTALC to spanish. But I think the interesting one will be QT Creator which is a development enviroment.

if you look at the Qt roadmap you see that this features are planned.

miturbide

Nice, sorry I don't notice that earlier on the roadmap.

Diver, if someone will like to try to compile something for QT4 to learn it, Do you know some link, documentation or basic turorials so someone can take the first steps ?

For example a tutorial of porting a simple QT aplication to eCS-OS2 so people can learn the basic stuff required.
Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Open Source Advocate

Skype - martiniturbide
Google Talk - martiniturbide@gmail.com

diver

usually it's easy, as it works out of the box ;-)
problems are seen when compiling a app and needs to be fixed. usually all defs for win in Qt apps need to be enhanced to work also with OS2, but not all of course ;-)

it's not easy to give a tuturial. best is try it and ask if problems are around.

regards
Silvan

diver

Beta3 is out. An official info will follow on monday.
In Beta3 is also QtLinguist included. We really work hard to get everything done.

see: http://svn.netlabs.org/qt4 for more infos

Please support us with a sponsoring unit.

regards
Silvan Qt Project lead

diver

the Beta4 is out. Again a lot of progress and some bugs fixed also.

see: http://svn.netlabs.org/qt4 for more info.

a announcement will follow soon.

regards
Silvan Qt4 Project lead

Paul Smedley

Quote from: chennecke on 2009.10.02, 14:38:51
Hi,

I just found out that there is another very interesting apps that could be ported when Qt4 is available: VLC, the Video Lan player. Previously this would have neither been possible nor feasible because VLC used the WxWidgets GUI library, was rather clumsy to use, and had many security issues. But the developers have switched to Qt4 and have apparently improved the app across the board. What makes this interesting is the fact that it's not just a player: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/features.html

The required libraries are listed here: http://wiki.videolan.org/Contrib_Status

FWIW - I'm looking at porting this with Qt4 :)

StefanZ

Hhmmmm...

as staed on web page, porting of Qt4 costs €11000 - that is quite a lot of money, isn't it?

warpcafe

Hi,

Quote from: StefanZ on 2010.01.18, 16:47:06
as staed on web page, porting of Qt4 costs €11000 - that is quite a lot of money, isn't it?

yep.
It's also quite a lot of work, isn't it? :-P
BTW - This also included quite some apps. And at least, it has a fixed price and I bet my arse that when the entire money is collected, the entire software is available.

...is there any other "commercial" project around - community-funded - which can cope here? ;)

Cheers,
Thomas
"It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority.
By definition, there are already enough people to do that"
- G.H. Hardy

Pete

Hi

Well, let's hope the software actually works - so far the 2 smplayer qt4 releases have been totally naff here; I'm still using the last qt3 build as it works and the qt4 builds do not.

Regards

Pete

osw

Quote from: Pete on 2010.01.18, 22:25:46
Hi

Well, let's hope the software actually works - so far the 2 smplayer qt4 releases have been totally naff here; I'm still using the last qt3 build as it works and the qt4 builds do not.

Regards

Pete

Hmm bit strange... for me it works just like windoze build of smplayer does. Movies play ok, subtitles are there, fonts look normal, icon themes work also.... I do wonder what's more needed to proof "the software actually works"? But hey! Still I prefer guiless mplayer....

btw. I had not that much success with newest lyx and scribus builds though.... i do suspect some "dependency hell" here on my system. Any ideas?

Pete

Hi

I guess I should clarify that the qt4 builds of smplayer start video playback and then lose the video at about 4 seconds into playback.

That certainly does not qualify as "working" here.

Scibus: needs to be installed to the root og the drive; can be installed into a subdirectory but will not be able to find some of its files.

Lyx: you may want to check that you have gcc434.dll installed somewhere on the libpath.

Regards

Pete

osw

Quote from: Pete on 2010.01.19, 00:39:21
Hi

I guess I should clarify that the qt4 builds of smplayer start video playback and then lose the video at about 4 seconds into playback.

Scibus: needs to be installed to the root og the drive; can be installed into a subdirectory but will not be able to find some of its files.

Lyx: you may want to check that you have gcc434.dll installed somewhere on the libpath.

Regards

Pete

Hi!
Thanks for hint about scribus. I'll try it as soon as I get to my ecs machine. As for Lyx - gcc434.dll is on the libpath.
As for smplayer issue... hmm, is it related to dvd playing? If so, I need to say I don't watch dvd's at all. Other videos behave normal. The thing that makes me nervous is problem with audio streams - internet radio that is. When I''m listening to audio streams and using other apps (in fact any) it has problem with priority I guess, and playback is jumpy. Pretty much annoying, unless it's exclusive task. But it is jumpy also on plain guiless mplayer ... so I can't tell it's smplayer issue.

cheers

Pete

Hi

The smplayer qt4 betas cannot play video clips without losing video - I have not bothered trying dvd playback at all as I tend to watch dvds using a much bigger screen with audio pumped through a surround sound system. Much more entertaining than using a 17" monitor and the tinny speakers attached to the computer :-)

Regards

Pete

Paul Smedley

FWIW - this should be fixed in the next drop... Just need to see if I can fix any of the other reported problems before I zip/upload the new build.

Cheers,

Paul.

chennecke

That is similar to what I'm experiencing, although it occurs immediately here. What happens if you

- choose "Always" from the Video > Stay on top menu
- set the video output to "kva (slow)" or something like that

Could you try those seperately?

Could you please report the problem to Silvan with details about your system (OS, video driver, SMPlayer settings)?